Porter’s five forces is a method used to analyze an industry. The forces are made up of buyer power, supplier power, new entrants, threat of substitutes, and degree of competitor rivalry.
Marketline Industry Profiles (formerly Datamonitor) include the five forces analysis. To find these reports in Business Source Complete take the following steps:
1. Go to the library homepage at library.du.edu.
2. Click on the “Databases” tab and click on the Letter “B.”
3. You will get a list of databases that start with B.
4. Scroll to Business Source Complete and click on it.
5. Once you get to its search screen enter the keywords in the boxes and change the type of search as indicated below:
6. From a list of results go to the item you want and click on the PDF full-text link.
7. Look through the Table of Contents of the report. In this example the five forces analysis begins on page 12 of the document.